The Keller Pointe is a multi-use recreation and conference facility in which a wide variety of services, programs, and events are conducted to enhance the morale and welfare of all Keller Pointe members, employees, authorized visitors, and the local community. In addition the following Code of Conduct sets forth expectations for all participants and visitors who use the facility for any purpose.
The Keller Pointe management team ultimately determines the final outcome for failure to comply with the Code of Conduct. No refunds will be given for loss of privileges due to a final determination of that violation of the Code of Conduct occurred.
All participants and visitors are required to report any violation of this Code of Conduct to a Keller Pointe staff member immediately. As needed, Keller Police may be called at any time to help enforce this Code of Conduct.
Participants and visitors must adhere to the following:
- Act with courtesy and professionalism at all times.
- Comply with requests and direction from The Keller Pointe staff, officials, instructors, and facilitators who are acting in the performance of their duties.
- Comply with any rules and guidance set forth for the particular program, event or class
- Wear proper fitness attire; shirts and shoes are required at all times outside the locker rooms (unless specified by The Keller Pointe management).
Participants and visitors must refrain from:
- Aggressive behavior in any form including physical abuse, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, bullying, coercion, and/or conduct which threaten or endangers the health or safety of any person.
- Rude or argumentative behavior with staff, officials, and instructors or other participants or visitors.
- Disrupting or obstructing any program, event, or class.
- Lewd, obscene, or indecent conduct or expression, including profanity, or offensive remarks.
- Any use or solicitation of illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia.
- Any action which constitutes an attempt to inflict, or the infliction of injury to other participants and/or staff.
- Willful damage or destruction to the facility or property.
- Forgery or sharing membership cards for access to the facility or access to programs, services or classes.
- Unauthorized entry to areas such as: staff offices or staff workspaces; gender opposite locker rooms; maintenance, equipment, or storage rooms.
- Unauthorized use of facility computers or unauthorized adjusting of audio visual equipment.
- Photography and video taping of participants or visitors without prior approval of participants being photographed or videotaped and without prior approval from an authorized staff member.
- Unauthorized commercial activity – no person is allowed to post, advertise, instruct in private lessons or solicit individuals in the facility for personal services or for personal businesses that are not directly affiliated and approved through The Keller Pointe.
The above Code of Conduct will be enforced by the staff, officials, instructor, and facilitators whose authority shall prevail in the immediate situation.
If a violation occurs with a city employee, the immediate supervisor of the employee will be notified. If a violation occurs with a contractor employee, the contractor’s human resources office will be notified.
Violations of the code that do not constitute an immediate and apparent threat to the safety of others or their property will result in all or some of the following actions, including, but not limited to:
- Verbal warning
- A suspension of certain and/or all privileges for a specified period of time
- A permanent suspension
Violations of the code that are deemed to constitute an immediate or implied threat to the safety of others or their property, and/or the safety of the facility or property may result in the following actions, including, but not limited to:
- A one to six month suspension
- A six to twelve month suspension
- A permanent suspension